Details:Name Malta Weightlifting Association Category Events
Team event rules 01.09.2023
- The number of athletes in each team will be decided after the registration of athletes.
- Registration for competition will close a week before the event (25.08.2023)
- The teams will be selected on competition day after weigh-in. Athletes that will not be present at weigh-in will be automatically disqualified.
- Teams will be selected according to MWA ranking list, thus every team will be balanced.
- Each team will be made from male and female athletes of different age groups.
- Those athletes that are not listed in the MWA ranking list can still compete and they will join teams randomly.
- Each athlete have 30 seconds to lift the high number of Snatch.
- After all athletes conclude the Snatches, each athlete will have 30 seconds to lift the highest number of Clean and Jerks.
- All lifts must be according to technical rules and each lift needs to be adjudicated by competition referees.
- Starting lifts must be multiples of 5kg Ex: 40kg-45kg-50kg-55kg-60kg etc…..
- Weight on the bar cannot be changed during the sequence of the lift
- All lifts done by the athlete will be added together and multiplied by Sinclair points.
- All team lifts will then be added together for final result.
- The team with the highest Sinclair points will be declared the winner of the competition.
Example, Male Athlete – Body weight 76.30kg = 1.303 Sinclair points
Snatch: 50kg + 50kg + 50kg + 50kg + 50kg + 50kg + 50kg + 50kg = 400kg x 1.303 = 521.20 points
Clean & Jerk: 75kg + 75kg + 75kg + 75kg + 75kg + 75kg = 450kg x 1.303 = 586.35 points.
Total: 521.20 + 586.35 = 1107.55 points.