THORNTON WIN THE ATLAS YOUTH ATHLETE OF THE YEAR

January 27, 2021

What a great achievement by our youth athlete Tenishia Thornton for winning the Atlas Youth athlete of the year.

The Atlas Insurance together with the Malta Sports Journalists Association announced that the winner for the 1st Edition of the ‘Atlas Youth Athlete of the Year Award’, is 15-year-old Weightlifter Tenishia Thornton.
Earlier last year, Thornton made history and became the first Maltese athlete to win medals at the IWF Online Youth World Cup. Thornton was chosen via a sports journalists’ vote, which carried 60% of the total outcome, and a popular public vote on Atlas Insurance facebook page which carried the other 40%.
 
The Runner-ups for this award are Haley Bugeja (Football) and Tara Vella Clark (Gymnastics).
 
 
The Malta Weightlifting Association would like to thank the public in general for voting T.Thornton and to the Malta Sport Journalists Association  for their support and the initiative with the Atlas Insurance the main sponsor of the awards.

Recent Posts